This Feta & Sun Dried Tomato Bread is a savory loaf that's a perfect addition to an antipasto platter alongside some olives, cheeses, and cured meats. It's delicious with a balsamic & olive oil dip, too. I was asked by Tre Stelle® to create a unique and creative recipe using their delicious, multi award winning Feta Cheese. I went through several different ideas. When you are trying to be unique and creative, well, there's a little bit of pressure.
In the end, it wasn't so hard, because this Feta cheese is so delicious. It works so well with Mediterranean inspired dishes. I love the flavours of sun dried tomatoes and Feta together. So I finally settled on baking them into a savory, herb filled bread. My herb garden is doing very well right now, and I missed it so much over the winter. So I'm using fresh herbs at every opportunity, and this was a perfect one.
This is a quick bread, so there's no yeast or rising time. The intense tomato flavour is perfection when you pair it with salty, creamy Feta cheese. This Feta & sun dried tomato loaf uses extra virgin olive oil. It's important that you don't substitute any other oil, because that olive oil flavour is key to this loaf. And the better the quality of your olive oil, the better the flavour of this loaf will be.
And a Contest
I'm excited to share this recipe with you, because I'm sharing an exciting contest, too! The Great Canadian Cheese Sweepstakes. And all you need to do to enter, is simply buy Tre Stelle® Feta or Bocconcini. (You want to make this recipe anyway, right? So you need some). You can find them in the grocery store. There will be a code on the lid of the tub. Just click here to enter the code for your chance to win.
A total of three Grand Prizes consisting of a Trip for two to Niagara Fall to the Tre Stelle Cooking School for three days. The trips include airfare, airport transfers, hotel, all meals, & the Niagara experience for the three days. Value approximately $5000.00 dependent on point of departure.
And that isn't all. 150 secondary prizes will also be awarded. All valued $50.00. They include:
- 5 piece Paderno Knife set with universal block; (30 sets)
- 24 cm Nature Trust Ceramic Fry Pan; (30 sets)
- 20 peice Souris Cutlery Set; (30 sets)
- 39 cm Paderno Roasting Pan; (30 sets)
- Paderno spriral slicer (15 sets)
- Tre Stelle Cheese Vouchers (15 sets)
Pretty simple, right? I would love, love, love for one of my readers to win one of those amazing grand prizes, and even the secondary prizes are pretty awesome. So be sure to enter.Contest runs through to October 15, 2017
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 150 g tub of Tre Stelle® crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 270 ml jar sun dried tomatoes packed in extra virgin olive oil, drained, reserving the oil.
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Pre heat oven to 350°
- Prepare a loaf pan by using cooking oil spray or lining with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, oregano and rosemary
- Measure the reserved oil from the tomatoes, then add extra virgin olive oil to make up 1/2 cup
- In a smaller bowl whisk eggs, olive oil and milk
- Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until smooth.
- Fold in Feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes and basil.
- Spread batter into baking pan
- Bake in center of oven 50-60 minutes, or top is crusty and golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack
- Serve sliced
This loaf will taste best if allowed to cool before serving.
This post is sponsored by Tre Stelle®, and they have compensated me both financially and in product. All opinions are my own.