This kiwi, banana & hemp smoothie is one of the ways that I start my day off with a smoothie every morning. I don't usually write about them because smoothies are not really recipes, right? And first thing in the morning, I just want to chug back that smoothie and start my day, so taking photos are not at the top of my list.
But this one, this Kiwi Banana Hemp Smoothie with Ginger and Lime, made me feel so amazing this morning that I felt compelled to share it with you.
A smoothie isn't really a recipe, I guess. It's just a collection of fresh things that you throw in a blender. But, I always have at least four components for my smoothies.
1) Fresh or frozen fruit/veg; any kind
2) Protein; nut butters, seeds, or, if you consume dairy products, yogurt.
3) Liquid; coconut water (my personal fave), almond, soy, hemp, or rice milk, fruit juices, or if, again, you are a dairy fan, milk or yogurt.
4) Herbs, spices, or flavourings that add to nutritional benefits; cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, parsley, lemon, lime, etc.
In addition, you can add all kinds of extras. Greens,like kale or spinach. And some grains, such as oats or quinoa. You can also add a sweetener, like honey, maple syrup, or molasses. Although, usually, fruit or berries make it sweet enough for me. Smoothies are a delicious way to pack in some super nutrition. Even if my diet choices haven't been so great during a particular day, at least I had some power nutrients in my morning smoothie.
This Kiwi, banana, & hemp smoothie tasted so good, and made me feel truly delicious, that of course, I just had to share it with you. Vitamin C and potassium from the kiwi and bananas. Protein, and omega 3 from the hemp seeds. Super hydration of the coconut water. As well as with the gut soothing power of ginger. This smoothie recipe is a winner, and it's a great way to start your day.
And, by the way, If you prefer to eat your smoothie with a spoon, here's one in a bowl: Triple Berry Chia Smoothie Bowl
- 1 Banana, peeled
- 3 Kiwi, peeled
- 3 tbsp hemp seed
- One thumb sized knob of fresh ginger, peeled
- Juice of one lime
- 1 cup coconut water
- Put everything into your blender, magic bullet, or whatever you use. Spin and drink ♥
*This post contains an affiliate link. If you click on it and end up buying the product, I will receive a small commission. Which helps a little with the costs of running The Food Blog, so that I can keep sharing awesome recipes with you. I only endorse products that I use and love myself.